Does it get worse with Age?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had tinnitus for about a year now, I usually don't notice it apart from a flare which can last for weeks. It pretty much sounds like a tv that's been left on with no volume (buzz), along with a subtle but constant high pitch tone. After some initial anxiety i've been able to cope with it quite well and don't usually notice it in spaces with ambient noise. For those of you that are aging and have coped for years with the condition, my question is-- does it get worse, objectively speaking?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

YES ,,it does ,,, and ,no matter how old you are ,,it won't wait until you have AGED , Which,, will come to you .Then you will have to turn the T. V up ,,even LOUDER .. HA HA

• Posted

yes it does get worse i first came to

it 3 years ago and now 3 years later it

has gotten real loud with whole bunch of

different sounds. for me i keep it under control by taking low dosages of xanax

it does not cure it but it keeps the noise

to a level where i do not feel like putting my head through a wall . maybe someday the medical world will take this seriously and

start research on finding a cure

DSH

• Posted

31 years, 13 sounds, accompanied with hyperacusis and occasionally tensor tympani syndrome.

Short answer: no!

Why: you get a lot of other s**t as well, so the brain can't notice tinnitus as easily anymore. Plus the fact the affected ear area hopefully won't feel the need to send the warning signal of tinnitus as it used to do, over time.

/Ken, Sweden

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.