Does it have to be inbetween your fingers?????

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone 

Please can you advise/ help me with this current issue. 

Can you have scabies and it's not in between your fingers???? 

I'm pretty certain I have scabies as had same symptoms in the past and did a scabies treatment and it all cleared up! 

However I keep coming into contact and caching it again somehow. 

No doctors will diagnose me with scabies as it's not inbetween my fingers.. 

I do itch so much at night I can't sleep and get small red spots on my skin.  I also get slightly raised red lines same length on my skin. ( could be burrows) 

Doctors are adement it's not scabies purely because it's not inbetween my fingers therefore I can't get any help!? 

Prescription for treatments I need. 

The spots are near armpits and chest area and private parts.! 

But pretty much itch everywhere! 

Please advise I don't understand why it has to be inbetween your fingers to be scabies???? 

Is this true? What else could it be? 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

You have scabies! Most Docs can't find them and they don't know much about them. You can go to dermatologist or go to feed store and get liquid permethrin and mix 10% with coconut oil or your favorite lotion. Put on head to toe between toes and fingers, on scalp , face, not bear eyes. You don't have to have iron hands at all! The feed store permethrin is only six bucks. Put it on 3 nights wash off am, wash sheets, get diamectrous earth( food grade) 5 bucks , rub on daytime like baby powder. Then in 5 days do same treatment. That should do it, it worked great god my husband! I had to take oral ivermectin to get rid of mine! Good Luck

• Posted

Hi thanks 

I'm allergic to permethrin so I can't use it... but the docs won't give me anything else  cos they are saying it can't be scabies if it's not inbetween my fingers!? 

Although they said it could be scabies but that doesn't help if they won't give me an alternative treatment. 

Is it inbetween your fingers?

I've had tests done for all other causes of itching and failed with everything. 

• Posted

Marie, it can be anywhere on you! I got it on my legs first. The docs say you don't get it on you scalp, well I had it there and also burrows on my face! Can you use sulfur? Feed store get sulfur of flowers mix with vasoline 50/50 spread on thick head to toe,sulfur works good, it just takes longer, is messy. I'm allergic to permethrin also, made me so sick! Sulfur works great! Kills them as they hatch onto your skin. You have to do for 2 weeks straight! Put thin coat on during day, also at feed store or even Walmart you can get neem. It smells nice and makes skin soft. You can mix with a little lotion and alternate that. I used that during day and sulfur at night. After two weeks scabies can't survive!

• Posted

Also dermatologists are saying the same thing re the fingers. 

I'm so confused and it's effecting my sleep so much it's not something you can just live with at all but no doctor is  telling me what it could be if it's not scabies either. 

• Posted

Marie the sulfur also helps so much with the darn itch!! It's a nightmare, even now mine are gone and I'm still itchy. I get so afraid cause I think they are back but so far so good! They have built up resistance to regular protocols but they cannot win against sulfur and been, been disrupts their reproductive system and sulfur just plains kills them when they hatch and go onto your skin. I missed a place in middle of my back and they all went there. One area all scabies it was horrendous! Now I make sure my husband goes my back good. Also get anti bacterial wipes and wipe down everything you touch. Car is the worst for reinfection. Bomb with spider bomb or spray every three days where you sit and touch

• Posted

Thanks 

I've tried sulphur and never got rid of it before but I'll try again with neem. The ivermectin worked for me but then I just caught it again... now they won't believe me give me any more treatment. 

it's a horrible thing to go through without doctors taking you seriously and helping.  I don't understand why they are fixated on it that it has to be on your hands! Like textbook scabies 

Can you buy the ivermectin online anywhere? 

Can you buy sulphur online? I don't know about feedstores in the U.K. 

• Posted

You can get it all on line cheap. The sulfur works great but it doesn't kill the eggs, that's why you have to put it on 2 weeks straight to kill the new hatchlings. The ivermectin is horse paste and you can put according to your weight. You should only need 2 doses 3 days apart,. The docs are totally useless. I went to 3 and they hardly looked at me and also didn't think I had it because it wasn't between fingers. Treat your hands and keep all nails short because they hide under nails

• Posted

i feel like it must be easier in other countries to get help & treatments. In the uk it's just permethrin it's ridiculous they don't think about possible allergies. Mine is very acute so I could die if i used it again.

I feel like they would say I had scabies if it wasn't for this allergy. 

Then again so many don't get taken seriously with it. I don't understand why .. if I was a doctor and someone is distressed & not sleeping I would want to help and at least treat fit scabies. Instead they give you anti histamines that don't do anything & tell you to go away sad 

• Posted

Also treat family member and if you have animals coat them with the diamectrous earth( food grade) it won't hurt them even if they lick it off. Also dust furniture with it. It's a real mess but I would try anything to rid these monsters. I am still in deep depression and can't stop crying. I had for 5 months.! I've read on here some have for years! I can't live if I get again. I got from hotel and now I will never stay in hotel again!

• Posted

Sorry that's so much ranting but surely scabies would be less of a problem in society if it got treated immediately & all docs understand it doesn't look the same as the plague on all people. 

• Posted

You can't stop doing things in the future tho. 

I know it's horrible & one of the worst things to experience but some people never catch it. 

They have strong immune systems that fight it off naturally. 

Work on being as healthy as possible when your better. 

• Posted

Right! But I have done tons of research trying to find cure. Also I found out on these forums that this is a common problem with the docs. There are many different treatments you will find other people have tried and worked for them. This is what worked for me and I'm still not sure! I don't have any new bites but still itch. 

Another great tip I got from someone was to scrub from head to toe, I use the sponge with scrubber on other side. These scabies attach to your skin so scrubbing gets slot of them off

• Posted

I think if a doctors had it before they will be more empathetic & probably understand it looks slightly different on different people. 

They need to update the textbooks tho so when they go to medical  school they learn this. If so many people get undiagnosed misdiagnosed it's always going to be very prevelant. 

• Posted

Another thing I use is borax mixed with peroxide 3%. Borax is great insecticide and peroxide is good for bacteria, it's also cheap which I need because I can't afford any more! 

• Posted

Can you tell me The if you make a paste and the apply it to the spots.  I have done one treatment with Lyclear three days ago and have to do another in four days, but I wondered if anything else could relieve the itching.
    • Posted

Hi Bianca

I am using 90% sulfur from the Home Depot mixed with baby lotion, Vaseline is better it stays on longer, I put been all over scalp and face ears nose under eyes, day and night I have been taking ivermectin horse paste from the feed store every day but I am stopping because it's making me sick now and I am still getting bumps. The newest one is under my eye. I have them sometimes on my wrist but not between fingers. If you miss a spot with the topical they will migrate to that spot. I feel like dying! I wish I could give you more hope. One good thing is my husband got cured right away with two permethrin treatments. I have had it over six months now and am so depressed, went to doctors got stupid protocol that is not working for. E anyway. I have diabetes so maybe that's why. Diamectrous earth sprinkled everywhere and in car and on dogs helps a lot, I have to get my life back or I'll lose it! Let me know how you are doing

• Posted

Btw sulfur is fantastic to take away the itch but doesn't kill eggs

• Posted

And no one really answers or has any cures on here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.