Does it help end or lessen vestibular migraines if you to stop eating migraine food triggers?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just bought the book,  Migraine Relief Plan that gives a lot of information on the trigger foods for migraines. There are a lot of them. Has anyone seen any improvement for vestibular migraines by following restrictive dietary guidelines like these in this book?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure what type of migraine I have, I was not told. I used to have migraines chronicly however and changing my diet made a HUGE difference. I will say, it's mostly finding your trigger. Mine is MSG. Other triggers of mine are weather pressure changes and stress.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! Vestibular migraines have symptoms of dizziness, vertigo, head pressure and sometimes regular migraines symptoms as well. I have been having unbalanced feelings, dizziness daily and a few episodes of vertigo for over 3 months so I' m seriously trying to figure out the triggers. So far I know that barometric pressure changes, deer meat, chocolate, and caffeine are triggers for me. Possibly gluten as well.

• Posted

I am not sure what type of migraine I have, I was not told. I used to have migraines chronicly however and changing my diet made a HUGE difference. I will say, it's mostly finding your trigger. Mine is MSG. Other triggers of mine are weather pressure changes and stress.

• Posted

I also have sent away for this book, having had vestibular migraine for a year and a half, with no relief from Topiramate or Botox injections. . I'm shortly to be trialled on venlafexine, but currently, following your suggestion, Patricia, and doubling my magnesium dose, and also taking riboflavin (B2) and B12.

• Posted

Please give an update on how you do on venlafexine. I am wondering if this medication will work for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.