Does it hurt when it pops on it's own?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have a Bartholin abscess/cyst. It is almost unbearable....completely excruciating. I want it to go away on its own by today or tomorrow! I'm taking serrapeptase. 

I was wondering if it does "pop", will that hurt or just bring automatic relief?

Thanks guys

Hang in there to anyone else going through this awful time! 

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If it "pops" you should get instant relief but it may not do so. Incision and drainage under local anesethic may be a better option. In either event formal excision under GA may be ultimately required. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Once it the fluid is released you will feel instant relief. I recommend you get it done at the hospital rather than wait.
    • Posted

I should just go and have a doctor drain it. So nervous about needles and knives down though sad really freaks me out.. Thank you did your advice 
  • Posted

Hi amber,  yes super painful.  I know the pain you are talking about.  Yes when it is unbearable best to got to the doctor etc..  it is too painful.  They dont get that big for me anymore since taking silica spray, they open up within a week.  It is awesome, and it is a relief never painful with it opens.  It is like you have just been born again.  You can think about things rather than suffer and cry.  xx
  • Posted

Hi Amber,

It shouldn't hurt when it pops, you will probably feel it but it's not painful and it should bring immediate relief. I know it's gross but keep applying pressure for a while to help get all the fluid out. You might also need some antibiotics to stop infection if it pops on it's own. To encourage mine to pop I just went on a fairly brisk walk for half an hour, then came home and had a hot bath and later that night it popped. Gentle exercise like walking sometimes helps it to pop naturally. Also taking silica tablets seems to help the whole thing along with the serrapeptase. Good luck, and hang in there!

• Posted

Just for an update-

Literally an hour before I decided to go to the doctor to have them take care of it for me, it burst. Thank god!!!!!!!! Hallelujah seriously

I don't mean to sound graphic but... In the midst of me trying to look at myself down there, widening my legs and what not to take a better look, I could feel a quick sharp pain and noticed blood a few mins later. It's really slowly draining now. 

Still taking the antibiotics I was prescribed... And will do for the remainder of the bottle. Even though I hate putting that crap in my body.

Just thought I'd update if a anyone else is new to this and was wondering the same. If it hurts when it bursts. For me the quick, sort of stinging, pain was no where near the pain from earlier. 

This forum and different discussions has really helped me get through this episode of awfulness. 

• Posted

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Back to living again!!!!!!!!!!!!  look after yourself.  Drink lots of water, a good old flush.  Very happy for you xxx
    • Posted

Hooray!! Very relieved for you, I know just how happy bit makes you when that awful pain goes away. I've found that they can pop when they get super painful and it's apparently the best chance of healing well afterwards, so my doctor said. Glad you can return to normal now. Happy days!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.