Does it need to burst?

Posted , 9 users are following.

So my cyst showed up almost 2 weeks ago. I went to my GP and then my gynecologist and it is not infected so they gave me no antibiotics. They both said to just keep doing sists baths. But after reading things posted here I'm wondering if it needs to burst or not since it is not infected? My gynecologist said it is about the size of a walnut. It is not that painful unless I am manipulating it. But it is pretty firm and at times can cause discomfort. Especially since I am on my period now and using tampons. I have read about some other remedies and I am wondering if I should try any of them or go back to my gynecologist and insist they drian it or remove it? I am not going to suffer through much longer but some have said they have had one for years. This is my first one at age 44.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 49 and I have never had to deal with anything like this up until 2 months ago. Yesterday was the topper I could barely walk or even sit down. Finally I have some relief! I've been sitting in my shower for close to 30 minutes this morning and when I got out of the shower I went in the front of the long length mirror lifted my leg up and sure enough the head had come off and is now releasing the pus that has accumulated. ( I know totally disgusting) I was reading every home remedy every blog doing everything humanly possible to not go to the doctor and it was getting to the point where I didn't have a choice until this morning where it finally burst. Good luck to you I know it's completely inconvenient along with uncomfortable. I'll see what the next few days bring and I wish you luck you good health!

• Posted

Thank you. I had had enough and callled my doctor Friday and got an appointment for Tuesday. I tried a home remedy I found on here and it didn't work. But I continued to sit in hot baths. My husband and I were going to a concert last night and I was so upset I knew I wouldn't have fun being barely able to walk. So before the concert I sat in the tub for a bit and when I got out I realized it had burst as well. It was still kind of raw but I could at least walk and enjoy the concert. I'm still going to keep my appointment for next week to make sure there are no further problems. I just hope I don't get another one!!

• Posted

Hi

I noticed a lump which felt very heavy and sore the morning after i had intercourse with my partner. I booked an appointment with my nurse the following morning ( I thought I had prolapse) my nurse checked me out and said it was prolapse.. and that I had thrush really bad.. and just said if it hasn't got any better to go back but didn't really say anything else about the lump! The lump doesn't feel sore any more and I cant feel it when I'm walking or sitting but it definitely sounds very similar to what you all are talking about. I need some advice please.

Many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.