Does it sound like lyme disease to you? please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

On june 7, and June 19 me and my friends went to a park for summer barbeque. I believe i spray some kind of mosquito repellent on both days, however I am not quite sure if those are tick repellent. 

On June 7 while sitting outside with my friends, my whole body (started on my arms first) and then my WHOLE BODY, NOT JUST SPECIFIC AREA just got so itchy (when I was still at the park), and this itchiess lasted for around 2 weeks. I went to see a doctor and he gave me some steorid cream, and it got better. 

After a month or so, right now is july 22, I been feeling sore jaw for the past few days. Maybe swollen lymph nodes under the jaw, only on the left side, I googled online and it showed this is one of the symptoms....I am so scared...

I do not recall seeing a tick on my body (or i might have missed it because it can be so tiny), I do not have any EM, except for the body rash/itchiness that I mentioned previously (I do undestand that under 30% of people get rash or EM after tick bites). Can I get some informaation or opinon please..? 

I checked with my doctor about lyme on the same day regarding my body itchiness and he said it doesn;t look like it just cos i dont have the EM...I am so helpless guys...please help me.. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vivian,

I can understand your concern. Typically and for most diagnosed Lyme sufferers regardless of a rash or bull's eye rash (if not apparent), you would feel very, very sick. Having said this, it would be risky to ignore the symptoms. I would insist on being tested for peace of mind.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers.

G

• Posted

I just think you might have had mono.  The tick issue may be coincidental.  Sometimes people get a big body rash/itching with the end stage of mono.  Sometimes lymph nods are involved with it.  Did you experience any recent fatigue?  Also, you didn't mention seeing any tick on your body to begin with.  I've had plenty of deer ticks on me, but I've removed them within 48 hours probably.  Once I was put on antibotics because it appeared that the tick had been there for awhile.  I'd bet that in your case you either had mono or some infection - maybe strep that gave you a swollen gland and the itchy rash.  Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.