Does it thaw spontaneously or with exercise?

Posted , 9 users are following.

For those who eventually decided to just leave their shoulder alone and give it time, did your shoulder just start to loosen up on its own or were you doing range of motion exercises all along? I'm in the frozen stage, and every time I start with gentle exercises, the shoulder will become more sore after few days and it doesn't seem to help my range of motion (if anything it stiffens up more) so then I just leave it be for awhile. But I don't want to hold off on exercise too long if that's going to get the motion back. I do use it as able throughout the day. Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

All along, I worked, took care of my 4 dogs, 1 cat, teenager, husband hahaha and fostered pups. So I continued my normal routine....the pain is almost always gone at this point and I would day I have 80% ROM back. I still cannot hook my bra on raise my arm directly over my head. If I overdo it, my shoulder will hurt and I ice it. For me, all of the interventions and I did them all, believe me did not work. I truly think the PT made me worse (and usually I am a PT believer, my sis is a PT, I have used PT for my herniated cerivical disks as well as knee issues with much success). Leaving it alone and letting nature take its course worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.