Does Lichen Sclerosus always start with white patches?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Little back story, December 2019 I had white patches and occational itching, went to GYN she thought it was LS. But I was breastfeeding at the time, she said that sometimes breastfeeding causes weird skin changes. She prescribed me cream, i used it and everything went back to normal. In Feb i stopped breast feeding but continued to use my cream until April, she wanted me to go off of it to see what happend. Well its been almost 5 months now off of the cream and everything looks normal and I've had zero issues, until the other day. Ive occationally been having slight itching. Do you think its LS?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have never had white patches. my symptoms were itching then 'buzzing' then slow fusing of labia. After a time of getting nowhere with advice from first doctor, gynaecologist diagnosed LS on examination. I have never had a biopsy. Hard to say whether you have it from what you have described but if you are itching again I would definitely recommend seeing doctor again. Sometimes we have to pester to get a proper diagnosis.

• Posted

MINE STARTED WITH REDNESS, patches I COULD NOT SEE, in the CREASES of of legs, , but ,now, is in rectal and vaginal area. I get better with statin cream, hydrocortizonecream, then flareups.

• Posted

MINE STARTED WITH REDNESS, patches I COULD NOT SEE, in the CREASES of of legs, , but ,now, is in rectal and vaginal area. I get better with statin cream, hydrocortizonecream, then flareups.

• Posted

does your skin thin? if so what is that like? I cant tell the difference between normal and thinned skin.

Also what is your treatment plan?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.