Does Lpr cause chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi have a mixture of Gerd and lpr/silent reflux. The sore throat, frothy mucus, hoarse voice etc but have noticed recently am getting a really sore chest inside, sort of raspy if you know what I mean, like you would have with a chest infection it feels tender on the outside as well so could be costocondritis. Pain killers don't really help the pain as can only take paracetamol so a bit stuck

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

LPR can affect your whole respiratory system. Have you tried Low Acid Diet? If not worth a go. There is a FB support page which is a great help.

• Posted

Gerd is a most unpleasant thing to.suffer from....and causes many symptoms.....i have had it for many years....and only very recently ...been troubled with burning mouth syndrome.....and mucus......so it is quite probable that it is also causing your chest problem.see... your Dr...and get it checked out!!.....always!!!....if in doubt....check it out...Having Gerd....is one nasty piece of work.....it causes so.many different problems......your Dr....will check.your chest....if you have an infection....you will need an antibiotic.....do get it checked....worry....will make your symptoms feel.worse....feel sure it can be sorted....take care......wishing you all.the best..

• Posted

Thanks for replies, I have had GERD and reflux for 40 years so know how awful it can be, it's just the sore chest which is new but I think it is costocondritis which is what Doctor said, was just curious if anyone else had it with the lpr which is new for me. Trying to get a gp appointment is a nightmare but will go if it gets worse. Am taking esomeprazole so don't think there is anything else they can do. I also eat a bland diet but will have another look at what I eat.

• Posted

Is acid reflux can cause white and flurry tongue and sides of my tongue also hurts .again my doctor prescribed me acid reflux medicine

• Posted

Hi ...the clear white ..frothy mucus...is very common when you have Gerd....your body makes it to.coat and protect your lungs....and throat from acid....but if it turns ..green or yellow....then it could be a chest infection...so many going around just now.....if this is the case!!...and raspy.....better to.see your Dr....you will.need an antibiotic to clear it up.....do not neglect it!!!...if you cant get in to.see your Dr....pop along to.A and E....they will.check you out.....and give you medication if needed....do not neglect it.....could turn nasty.....better to.be safe than sorry......chest infections can turn quite nasty...with out treatment....i know you might have to wait a while at A and E..but you will.get seen....examined ..and treated...much better than the alternative......always best to.play safe...and they will.supply your medication.....please take care!!...if you.have pain or soreness in your chest....play safe....go to.A and E...to.get checked out............. Best idea!!

• Posted

Please get checked out!!.....possible you have chest infection...leaving it not a good idea....!!....you need medication to.help.remove it....if you cant get a Dr,s appointment....go.toA and E... At the hospital...they will.check. You.out..give you medication...to.help.you.....more so.if your chest is sore too....probably a bug you.have picked up....so.many going around just now.....you.will.need antibiotics to.help.remove it.......and the hospital.will.supply you...please do not wait till. It gets worse.....get it checked out!!....always better..to.play it safe..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.