Does my MRI look normal to you? (Cant walk or straighten knee after bike accident)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

So 3 weeks ago, I had a bad bike accident where I flew off the bike and slammed onto my knee. Had no immediate pain until about 2 hours later, but at that point my knee was so swollen that it looked like I had grown a second kneecap! The pain got progressively worse and by the end of the day, I couldnt walk. I'm homeschooled so for the past 3 weeks, I've only left my house to go to doctors appointments because the pain is so bad even while sitting. I cant bend my knee too far or straighten it much at all, it pretty much has stayed in a bent position for three weeks. So I went to the dr, got an MRI done, and the dr was so disrespectful to me. Told me my pain was all in my head, told me to "just get up and walk" even though I visibly couldn't. He tried to manipulate me into straightening my knee by talking to me about college while trying to push the knee straight. So unprofessional. But thats besides the point - he told me my MRI looked completely normal? My knee is always popping and has all the symptoms of a torn ligament (although I dont have excruciating pain if you put physical pressure on the kneecap, although it is somewhat painful.) anyway, just wondering if I could get a few second opinions on these MRI's? I was thinking torn meniscus or ACL, but let me know... thanks so much smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Mary

Ive just had ACL & LCL repair. you dont get much pain to be honest but the MRI will show whether its torn or not,

My knee used to give way on walking so im glad its been done,

Ask for a second opinion if you feel the ligaments are torn 

• Posted

My issue is though that Im not sure the dr read the MRI all too well, so just wondering if anyone here sees any issues smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.