Does my throat look right!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

ill upload a pic but do anyone think it doesnt look right?

ive grown a habit of looking back of my throat! i have health anxiety so its making it much worse. i dont have a sore throat...been on penicillin for a possible lingering infection but did nothing. GP thinks i may have post nasal drip! also TMJ but going to see GP this week for more info. i dont have a sore throat but wake up with a stuffy nose most mornings. also get the feeling something is stuck back of my throat left side...on occasion. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

File size is too bigimage

• Posted

Hi Kayleigh..i think it looks normal.

Did you have an infection?

I have post nasal drip which gets worse in spring and in the mornings I get a really stuffy and blocked nose and I'm prone to sinus infections.

I understand the anxiety..

I sometimes use nasal sprays and it helps some.

I hope your Dr appt goes well, let us know what he says.

• Posted

thank you! yes i too have post nasal drip and the morning usually if i have my window open during the night my nose is really blocked! feels swollen almost. do you get these marks due t your post nasal drip? i had laryngitis before xmas and i went to see GP early jan and she told me it looked a little infected still so took penicillin and hasnt changed the appearance much. she gave me nasal spray for post nasal drip (keep forgetting to use it) but i might start using it more.

• Posted

Hi Kayleigh..do you mean the streaks on your tonsils? If so I think they're normal and yeh I have them. I had pharyngitis few months ago and dr said it was just from that.

Didnt need antibiotics and told me it will clear in it's own..its annoying.

I stopped taking the nasal spray as it has cortisone in it and I usually take a break from it ...When it gets really bad I take eldeberry syrup and it helps a bit but doesn't really go away.

• Posted

yeah i mean all the lump and bumps...they look like tiny blisters to me! yeah well ive noticed i have alot more saliva too...when i talk of bend over a tiny bit comes out side of my mouth, really bizarre. i took nasal spray this morning as my nose was blocked again. thinking it must be allergies.

• Posted

Hi Kayleigh ..I looked at my throat and my son's and we have little bumps too...Mtoo...My son has huge tonsils and adenoids so his are more noticeable..

The Dr would have said if he seen anything wrong. Ask him again when you go see him.

When I had pharyngitis it took ages to clear and made my post nasal drop worse...

I know it's annoying and mine gets worse in spring.

• Posted

thanks for your reply. well ive come down with abit if a cough and sore throat again! caught it from my little boy so throat looks worse now! but thanks alot...your comment helped me. my husband also has the marks like me and he has allergies! i wake up most mornings with a stuffy nose so maybe thats the cause. if dentist says all looks ok ill be satisfied with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.