Does my tongue look horrific?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am really, really scared so I decided to join this forum and post some photos of my tongue, maybe someone has had or seen this. I have an appointment with my oral surgeon tonight for a wisdom tooth and I will have it checked by him. I have a pain in my throat for quite some time now which goes to my right ear as well. I went to different doctors and I was given medication but my throat continues to feel sore, mostly when I breathe in, which is kind of curios. I am a smoker, 6-8 cigarettes a day, so my throat is pretty much red all the time. Two weeks ago, while examining my tonsils, I noticed that my tongue looks really weird at the bottom, way way back, mostly in the corners, both right and left. It looks really congested, like there very visible blood vessels there. I had to obviously pull it out to have a good look. I also have quite swollen bumps, one or two also on the right side, but the entire tongue, at the back of the tongue is full of bumps. I hope I can attach the photos. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is it sore or does it hurt?

• Posted

I feel some discomfort especially in the right side, and especially when I breath in, but I don't really know if that is the problem or it's maybe because my throat is usually irritated. The congested area seems to be going down on my throat, I cannot go that far to look. If I touch the area, no pain really.

• Posted

I have similar big bubble like bumps on the back sides of my tongue.. my dentist said they are perfectly normal just some peoples are more noticable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.