Does my vagina look normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a skin flap on the inside of my vagina at the bottom. I thought I had herpes or hpv ( going to the doctor soon ) but I believe now that I dont after talking to you guys. But now that im further looking at my vagina, IM noticing different things. I have been touching my vagina and looking into it for days. and now my vagina is somewhat sore. I'm just paranoid. BUT does my vagina look normal? and do vaginas change in color? MY Vagina was bright pink when i was younger and now its like pink, red, and an orange hue? My friend performed unprotected oral sex on me about 3 weeks ago. AND ive developed only a yeast infection ( hes a smoker ) that caused a minor rash.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

skin flaps, bumps and lumps are totally normal. the colour and appearance and presence of lumps and bumps changes over the years too - those of us in our 50s know this. I have noticed on these forums that when women get an infection they start checking themselves more closely and notice things that may have been there for years and are a normal part of the structure of their vulva and start worrying about it ... was that there before? ... is it normal ? ... etc. It is easy to be obsessive about it and worry necessarily. I know because i was checking myself with a magifying mirror a few times a day when i had vulvodynia to see if i looked red or inflamed, but i realised that so much checking and obsessing was not good. I honestly recommend not checking yourself so closely and so often. You only really need to check if you are itchy, sore or in pain down there. But you shouldnt get any problems if you have protected sex, don't wash the vulva with soap or any other body washes (wrong PH) - only use pure water - make sure a sexual partner rinses his/her mouth out with water before oral (not mouthwash - that contains alcohol, and you don't want that on your vag) make sure you or anyone else washes hands before touching your vulva and use water based or natural oil based lube (nothing flavoured, or heats up or numbs, etc). Treat your vag with respect and care - it is a delicate thing.

• Posted

i meant 'worry unnecessarily'

• Posted

thank you i was going through the same dilema

• Posted

MY pap smear appointment is on the 20th. I'll definitely let you know.

• Posted

image even though my obgyn said it part of my vulva

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.