Does my vaginal opening look abnormal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the last few days, I've experienced some itching and also mild to moderate pain in my vaginal area, especially when urinating. I don't feel pain when going #2. I don't have any discharge or odor that seems off. I'm new to really taking a close look at my genitals on a regular basis, so I'm wondering if I'm seeing my hymen when looking at my vaginal opening, or if there is actually inflammation or some abnormal tissue - I've attached a photo for reference. I feel like I should make a doctor's appointment to have things checked out.

Some background on my vaginal health - late last year, I had an abnormal pap smear, and a gyno performed a colposcopy, which came back clear. A few years before that I had an abnormal pap and a colpo, which came back with pre-cancerous cells. I had a LEEP procedure done which appeared to be successful after follow up. Could there be something more serious that the doctor didn't catch after my last colpo? I was reading about bartholin's cysts and thought I'd reach out here.image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

your vaginal opening looks normal, you probably never paid that close attention to the way it looked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.