Does not eating the right foods cause you to feel sick?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I feel sick constantly ... I always have horrible tastes in my mouth food makes me feel sicker and I absolutely hate it... I suffer from constipation a lot and always get pains in my stomach and feel so naousous :'( it's horrible

Due to suspected ibs and a phobia of food/being sick my diet co sitis kf:

Cereal; shortbread; farleys rusks; yogurt: potato and 1 slice of bread daily. That's all I eat everyday or else the sickness and pain and anxiety is worse.

I am severely underweight as you can suspect.

Recently I've been wondering could the reason I feel so terrible and sick all the time and sometimes so suddenly not Be the food I eat but maybe the food I don't eat....

Can not having the right kind of diet make you sick?

If anyone has any ideas for snacks or meals that are really bland and easy to eat without added stuff that can cause sickness please let me know.

Thank you.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  ok a few questions first.  Have you been to your GP with this?   Do you have sinus problems?  Is your mouth dry most of the time? Have you realised that all your food is beige?    I get a sick feeling and have a horrible taste in my mouth when my sinuses are playing up as the nasal secretions are going down the back of my throat rather than down my nose and yes I can feel sick all day sometimes.  I have found that using a nasal spray that contains a salt wash helps a great deal as it moistens the nasal passages as well as washing them out slightly.  I do think you should go to see your doctor even if you already have, see another one or just make a slight pest of yourself as sometimes doctors don't realise how much of a problem things like this can be.  Write a list of your problems including what you eat as then you don't forget things.  Take someone with you if you can as it is helpful to get someone else to hear what the doctor says.

• Posted

I don't think I have any sinus issues I don't have any other problems when it comes to smelling things.. I haven't been to my gp as I am very underweight due to this problem and worried they'll see it as anorexia or something and put me into an eating disorder clinic. Im not dening i have a problem with food but its more of a phobia and a Hatetrid of food than a fear of weight gain or body image.

My mouth isn't like always dry it just tastes weird and it can feel like food and stuff sits in my throat.

What do you mean all my food is beige? What does that mean.

I domt need to keep a food diary like I already mentioned I eat the exact same foods everyday as these are the only foods that give the least irritation.

I don't know what to do I feel conflicted. 😔

• Posted

Sorry if I seemed to come over as a bit bossy, didn't mean to.  the it about your food being beige just meant that it is all the same colour. lol. 

?I didn't mean you to keep a food diary but if you go to the docs it is so easy to forget/miss something out so if you write down what you eat like you did here then the doc can see for themselves what you eat. Sinus problems doesn't mean you can't smell things but that they can be infected and cause pain and other problems, one of which is the nasal drip down the throat.

?Sorry I do think you will have to go to your GP as you need more help with your problem than you can sort out yourself. 

• Posted

Oh no sorry you didn't sound bossy at all..

I'm just worried because my weight is so low a doctor will treat me like it's anorexia or an eating disorder rather than a seperate condition... ???

I'm not sure about the Sinus thing wouldn't I be able to tell like would my nose feel funny if I did?

Thank you for you suggestions

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm so sorry to hear of you suffering from this condition sad I was looking at that website but I found it quite hard to navigate. Could you help me maybe with links to the parts your referring to - like the kinds of foods etc.

I dont change my diet or introduce new foods... in fear of sickness but if i did i woulndt eat red meat anyway and i would use local food. What do you mean eat according to blood type?

Thanks for the tips

• Posted

We are what we eat. If you feel sick all the time you should change your food habits. You might neet to see a 

nutritionist. So he/she could make a food plan special for you. 

• Posted

Hi there

I also had tonstop eating well becauseof digestive issues. I became anemic and had a horrible metal taste in my mouth   My tongue burnt and son my soles. I had b12 d ficiency. I have to mention that I didn’t eat meat and took omeprazol. Now I always take b12 to prevent further neurological damage. Check ur vitamins levels. And try tonbe on the top ranges. Any digestive disorder causes malabsorption of essential vitamins. Good luck. Get better. 

• Posted

Hey there. You must have heard that we become what we eat. I think if you are not following a good diet and you are not taking right amount of the variety of nutrients, you might not feel as healthy as the person who does take nutrition seriously. If you frequently eat junk food which lacks nutrition, you might feel sick.

• Posted

I wonder if I ate only organic and I went completely magnesium stearate free in my supplements, I would in turn find my natural pheromone levels to skyrocket and suddenly would become desired by millions of women like an axe commercial....  I do plan to live forever. So far, so good.

All calories are not the same.  Drinking Pepsi and eating a bowlful of M+M's are full of calories but wont give you the minerals and vitamins your body needs to run effectively.  Believe me I had hoped as a kid that I could go to McDonalds every day wink   Yes, having the wrong kind of diet can lead both short term and long term to health problems.

• Posted

Did you see that program on TV where a guy lived on McDonalds for a month, morning, noon and night? I think he had been quite healthy to start with but that diet had a really bad effect. I found it pretty interesting though. Some people must feel rough all the time and do not realise it as they always have a bad diet. 
    • Posted

Yes the documentary is called Super Size Me.   McDonalds has improved some things since then. I find their southwest salad with grilled chicken to be more healthy then most of their past salads.  McNuggets are no longer made with artificial preservatives or flavors, all of McDonald’s chicken is free from antibiotics, so options like artisan grilled chicken are no longer very bad for you. 
    • Posted

I really enjoyed it. It would be interesting to see what would happen if he did it again using McDonald’s healthier options.

• Posted

In the movie he had to consume everything on the menu at least once and supersize his meal if asked. So he didnt exactly make any choices of healthy vs unhealthy. Spurlock, who ate about 5,000 calories at the Golden Arches every day for 30 days, gained a drastic 25 pounds and the physical and emotional issues even started within the month.  Im sure someone could do it as a challenge to see if they could eat healthy at mcdonalds or fast food for a month. I ate a chipotle bowl for 6 months straight every night with no issues, usually chicken or steak with the brown rice, black beans, veggies, tomatoes, corn, and lettuce.  Sometimes a little cheese or sour cream.  Water to drink.  Chips and guac maybe twice a week.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.