Does Orlistat work on sweets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys and gals,

So my problem is more about sugary products, cookies, ice cream, cakes, desserts. I assume orlistat wont work too well on those?

Anyone who has as big a sweet tooth as I do and also on orlistat?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you eat more than 5% of the fat contents in each food item then you will get the yucky orange oil leakage. If I was you I would stay away from those food items. I stuck to sweets like fruit gums etc but don't forget they are high in sugar so try not to eat loads.

• Posted

Yeah but sugar is really worse than cocaine lol

So i guess orlistat wont work on sugar, but sugary items that contains fat will have some effect, am I right?

• Posted

Orlistat takes away a 3rd of the nasty fat away so your body wont have it. If you eat too much fat then you get the orange oil. The tablets are so you change the way you eat, so if your still going to eat loads of fat or high calorie food then Orlistat wont be good for you. I started ti use 1% fat srpay, rice instead of chips, more veg, and stopped crisps, icecream and buns etc. I also started to either do a fast walk or go to gym.

• Posted

See... let me explain, I do not eat lot of high fat food, to be honest I dont eat too much at all. I am a vegetarian and my diet is actually pretty healthy, once in a while, sure, I might grab a pizza but it is really occasionally. I also do exercise. I have a sweet tooth and i snack on quite a bit of sugary snacks. That is why I want to understand what type of food orlistat has effect on, whether if it will even work on sugary items, is there fat from sugar?! Again just trying to understand.

• Posted

Orlistat only works on foods that have fat in it, so if your eating sweets that contain no fat then the tablets wont work.

• Posted

Sweets are high in sugar, so the real question is can sugar content effect the medication. The answer i would say is no. Too much sugar can do a number on the digestive system though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.