Does pain automatically mean abcess?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So my cyst is back, worse as fast. It felt fine yesterday but I walked a lot last night and took the train and sat a lot, all while wearing tight jeans. Today it's the size of a robin's egg and kinda wants to pop up on the skin. It's painful to the touch. Does pain automatically mean it's infected, so it's in fact an abcess? Mine haven't hurt besides the first time I had one. I got antibiotics but they didn't help. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Meant to say worse as ever..
  • Posted

Not sure if you are still dealing with this. Mine turned into an abscess that was so painful I could not walk. I just had mine drained two days ago. Antibiotics did not help me and I tried every remedy known to man. Don't let it keep getting worse because in my experience it will! 

• Posted

Since I posted this I've been doing my sitz baths and it's shrunk in size and is no longer painful. I got antibiotics but haven't taken them yet cuz they didn't help it go away last time and they messed with my stomach. I've never had pain to the point I can't walk or function. Just a twinge and some tenderness. 

• Posted

If u feel pain it's obviously infected dr...

• Posted

If u feel pain it's obviously infected dr...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.