Does PR leaves a Scar!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am in my 5th week of my PR. Rashes all over my chest, stomach, torso. Some on upper thighs and hands and neck. Couldn't really make out which on is herald patch. But it started with 3 medium sized rashes near arm pit and two below naval. After 2 weeks of that, there were mostly small rashes and some bigger rashes all over. Very itchy at night. Not in 5th week, the rashes are bit flat, except for few medium ones. My biggest worry is if they leave the scar?. I am Asian, 37 and have brown skin. I see many people here who have passed through this phase. Please let me know how long it takes for the skin to become completely normal looking once the rash flattens. 

Everyday I am eating raw garlic, gigner lemon juice, multivitamin pill, bath with regular head and shoulder shampoo. It is not practical to get Prreze or silver solution to my country...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

By  week 6, my PR was flatttening out and the itching had become much less intense. My treatment included daily sunning, cold showers with head  and shoulders followed by heavy application of coconut oil. I also discovered a zinc oxide cream called calmosept that greatly relieved the itching. Even so, I scratched constantly, especially at night. I too was worried about scarring, and for quite a some time after the east want away, I could still make out faint white patches all over my body where the rash had been. I thought these would be my permanent mark of PR, but no. That was about two years ago, when I was 36. Today my fair skin shows no remnant of it, even if I get a little tan. My Asian friend had it before me. She was lucky and did not experience the intense itching, nor did she scar. It sounds like you are nearing  the end of it. I hope you will have relied and not experience scarring. My guess is your skin will again be soft and clear though it may take some months for it to completely fade. Hang in there. smile
  • Posted

I found with mine I had to keep it dry, drank plenty of water 3 litres a day, cold showers, sunlight or sunbed and that's the only thing that made it go quicker. I tried everything and nothing helped. From trying all the things everyone said I ended up having it for about 7 weeks and by the time I decided to stop it all it then took 2 weeks to go from red raw all over even my face and scalp to then nothing. I now have patches from where I was on the sunbed where it's tanned my skin around my pr but just leaving it and not stressing worked best for you juat need to be paitent as hard as it is. I was in tears with mine x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.