Does pregabalin and fluoxetine help for GAD

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm new to this and am suffering with generalized anxiety. Disorder, my gp has taken me off citalopram and put me on fluoxetine, I've also been to see the mental health team and they have put me on pregabalin, I started on 50mg a day but it wasn't working, so I went back to my gp 2 days ago and he has increased it to 100mg a day, I'm not feeling no benefits yet, I have constant panic from as soon as I wake up, I have palpitations, shaking, suicidal thoughts, nausea, dry mouth, have no appetite, and feel depressed, I want it all to go, I'm not looking forward to Christmas, it's all a panic and I'm only 25!! Please anyone get back to me so I know I'm not the only one

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Give the flux time to get in your system! I was the same way and three weeks later I'm feeling better...almost feels strange to feel this good!!
  • Posted

I have been on fluoxetine for a month now but still no change, that's why I am now on pregabalin as this is meant to treat generalized anxiety disorder, I feel so panicky all the time, and dread being on my own, I have no appetite and I feel so low xx
    • Posted

How are doing now? I am going on pregabalin with fluoxatine today & very scared x
    • Posted

How dude it work for you Joey ? I hope this message finds you well 👍

• Posted

I'm still struggling with this ,bin 16 yes now. I must tell u tho I had a reprieve out of th blue,th anxiety stopped n so I grabbed life n got a job n went on holidays n things I thought I'd never have been able to do. but alas it came back after a break up of a relationship. and t let u kno,that relationship had nothing to do with the reprieve I had in th first place. I cant let u think ur alone. x

• Posted

Hi hollie, you sound just like me. I hate noise & every noise or bang irritates me. When it happens I start to shake, heart racing, anger inside me, suicidal thoughts. I have been going through this for about 8-10 years & tried all the tablets you can think of. I use to go away from the problem, like go for a walk or drive until I completely carm down, then I still have to rerun to the situation. I put headphones on & listen to music or relazing music like enigma, raindrops or the sea & wind. It blocks it & relaxes you.white noise or pink noise c I've heard is good too, but not tried it yet. I'm on pregabalin now & started on 25 mg. Did not work so I asked to go higher dose to 100 mg. So far so good, taking a lot of anxiety from me.thinking to ask to go to 200 mg. Some people are on higher doses, but you have to give it 2-4 weeks to kick in. Some people deal with the problem & adapt to the situation that is causing the problem with medication. It can help. Hard to do but it's worth a try.keep in touch with mental health & doctor. Ask them for you to try cut it is supposed to relax you.I am going to try that tomorrow.I've heard of edge also but just Google that to find out about it.I hope that I have been some help to you hollie.if you require anything else let me know as I know how your feeling.keep in touch with how your getting on your not the only one out there that is going through this problem. You are not alone.I would love you to update me & I shall do the same. Let's be there for each other. Take care & you know where I am if needed.it's good to talk & not keep problems building up inside you.

• Posted

Sorry spelling mistake. I did not mean cut or edge, I meant CBT & EDMR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.