Does prolapse repair delay period?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks post op and haven't had a period since end of October. Pretty sure I'm not pregnant! My cycles are irregular but not this much.

is this normal? When it finally comes is it going to be horrendous?

thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ellie sometimes following any surgery but particularly pelvic floor your periods are irregular. Some women have more periods others like yourself have a long gap.
    • Posted

Thanks Matron. When it does come is it likely to be heavier or more painful because of the gap and the surgery? I'm going away soon and want to be prepared if it shows up...
    • Posted

It probably will be heavier unfortunately and if your periods are normally painful then it's likely to be just as or a bit more painful.
    • Posted

You could be lucky and I could be wrong. I hope I amĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.