Does propranolol and citalopram work well together ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi . Ive been taking 10mg proranolol 3x a day and 20mg of citalopram . Still find myself panicking a bit in the day . Can 10mg of propranolol really work ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does work it doesnt eliminate all the symptoms completely but it helps a lot x practice your deep breathing and try listening to relaxation apps that helped me x
    • Posted

Do you think 10mg is enough ? It says on the box 1or 2 tablets 3x a day . Back at the docs in a week to see how im getting on . Might ask to try 20mg 3x a day .
    • Posted

They put me on 1 x 80mg slow releasing but it didnt suit me u could ask about that one x I was much better on the 10mg 3 x a day in fact i only took them for 2 days and then just an odd one when i needed it x
  • Posted

I am also on 20mg of citalopram and 10mg of propranolol and it does help me a little during the day but I was awaking anxious on a night. The doctor did tell me that propranolol can cause insomnia I just wondered if anyone else sleeps okay on it.

• Posted

Ive had trouble with my sleep to 😔

Not sure if its the citalopram or the propranolol ? Ive had awful headaches to since starting on the propranolol .

• Posted

Propanol for me wasn't any good..it made cough my lungs out...so for me it was a big no-no..beta blockers are famous for coughing and insomnia...

• Posted

So having the two meds in your system that may cause insomnia in some people is confusing to what's doing what..plus taking high blood pressure medications for anxiety is iffy to me. ..I ain't no doctor but I have experience the side effects of them..

• Posted

I ain't no doctor ..and you are a troll!!!!I don't see any positive comments from you ...looser..!!!!

• Posted

I am not an expert and not a health professional

take care - my understanding (which could be wrong) is that propranolol affects memory. I understand memory is stored in places - the data and also emotional content. if you take propranolol and remember something, the result is that the emotional impact of such memories is reduced. I maybe wrong.

I took propranolol to help reduce the emotional impact of a memory of something 40 years ago. it worked for me - or seemed to. There is a discipline for memory reduction - was being investigated for use in PTSD.

The above is my view - could be wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.