Does Quercetin work for cold hives?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone, I've been posting on here a lot and I apologize for that but I am desperate looking for answers.

I have cold hives, and I am not sure why. Some possible causes are Celiac disease or Gluten intolerance, Leaky gut, Thyroid Conditions, like Hypothyroidism.

I have not been tested for any of these but I am almost 100% positive that I don't have any kind of Gluten Intolerance. However, after I eat anything whether it be a piece of toast or steak dinner I bloat. So it could be a stomach issue. Thyroid conditions I am not to sure, because I have not been tested, but according to google some symptoms are cold sensitivity and sensitive skin. Which I have both of.

Anyway, I have also found that Quercetin works as like a natural antihistamine and the recommended dosage is 400mg twice a day. Antihistamines like Allegra (Allegra is the only one I've tried) don't work for me with keeping the hives away so would Quercetin?

Also, could I get the reccomened dosage without taking the supplements. For instance, through black plums and blueberries and whatever?

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Doing a 1 -2 week veggie juice fast and then going 100% gluten free takes mine away.

• Posted

Did you have cold hives or just normal chronic hives??

Also did you experience any gluten intolerance before going gluten free?

Thanks for the response.

• Posted

What did you use in your veggie juice..what brand of shampoo do you use and where can I purchase it please
  • Posted

I have cold hives but they would only come out when I got exposed to cold and had gluten in my system. For example I have been 100% gluten free (food, shampoos and all) and have been cold urticaria free now and then I ate at a restaurant and they put gluten in my food and it got cross contaminated and the next day the cold urticaria came back. I experienced stomach pains right after eating. I think that I have been gluten intolerant before and I didn't know what the symptoms were until cutting it our completely and noticing the differences. The juice fast helped me clean what I could out of my system too. I think doing a 1 week juice fast and then cutting out gluten for 2-3 weeks will give you a good idea if it will help you. I don't take any medications because that is just adding more toxins in my body with an already compromised system.

I hope it helps you like it did for me.

• Posted

P.S. I would go with organic produce when juicing as much as possible to help get the best nutrients and most importantly to avoid more chemicals from pesticides.
    • Posted

Are you still eating gluten free or did you do this for however long you did and now you're good?

• Posted

Yep, I have committed to gluten free still. It take a little getting used to. But way worth not getting those hives. I don't eat too many grains and I try to get lettuce wrap instead of grains / bread.

• Posted

I also suffer from cold hives..I just purchased Quercetin. Hoping it helps. If you find anything else that works please reply. I am starting to eat gluten free bread, maybe it will help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.