Does ReA come up in a normal blood test?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had ReA 15 years ago due to a bacteria causing appendicitis. Now I believe I have it again but I don't know what's triggered it. My GP clearly didn't believe me but said she would send me for blood tests to see if I have arthritis. My question is whether ReA shows up in general blood tests for arthritis? I'm worried nothing will show up and they'll dismiss my problem which appears to be getting worse.... is reached the stage that I can barely look after my three children.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

my experience was yes however in combination with your account of events, imagings etc

Also most important is if you had a bacterial infection and if your immune system has been compromised.

My bacteria infection was 18 months before the reaction. um it was the medications that caused the reactions, though gp could not or would not validate this. I ended up seeing a naturopath who who addressed my fledgling immune system by inckuding massive doses of supplements and pain relief for 6 months and now 12 months later am 95% well.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.