Does Seroquel affects your sexual life also?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I am on seroquel and i cannot experience orgasm...is anyone in this position! Its really frustrating.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had that problem repeatedly with different SSRI's over the last twenty years. I've not taken Seroquel but it's a well known problem with SSRI's in general. Talk to your doctor. Often a change to another SSRI will fix it for a while but there are alternative antidepressants. I'm now off SSRI's and am taking amitrypline which works for me (I'm bipolar 2).

• Posted

Thanks for answering... i cannot take antidepressants as they make me go into mania... as for seroquel, it is the only antipsyhotic working for me... so that means ill never enjoy till the end..

Frustratingsad

thanks again for sharing that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.