Does Sertraline work?

Posted , 10 users are following.

does Setraline help with Severe anxiety as I am losing the will to live here!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I believe that it is meant to however, it is also said to make things worse in the intial stages of taking it.

I am sat here thinking that these panic attacks, anxiety states and health worries is the real pits.

How long have you been taking the anti depressants?

• Posted

I've just come off the sertraline, and now I'm trying mertazapine. I just want something to work!!!!
  • Posted

Have you only just started taking it??
    • Posted

Yes I have just come back from the doctors and took my first one but I just want some hope to look forward to. It's taken over my life, I am 28 and don't leave my room and even there im still very nervous and anxious and very very alone! No one understands and I've pushed people away cos of it and I'm very very low right now sad
    • Posted

They do work but May take a few weeks to kick in, but hang on in there with them. I understand how you are feeling , i am also struggling with severe anxiety at the minute and no one really seems to understand, but u have us on here to talk to xx
    • Posted

Sarah 3 months ago I was like that and did nothing to help myself just layed in bed all day everyday. I was put on 100mg sertraline and been on it for 6 weeks now was a bumpy ride and it still is some days but I am getting up more and moving around and next week going to limit myself a walk down the road and gradually build up to going out like the old me. Good luck on the tablets just give them a few weeks to kick in and work.
    • Posted

thank you, I also lay in bed all day and comfort eat which has resulted in me putting on weight and adds massively to the anxiety. I have zero confidence I just want to feel like me again I never had any of these problems I just want to be happy but feels so long away. Glad you're feeling better and getting there slowly. Well done you xx
  • Posted

How long have you been taking it?
    • Posted

Try a book, I know sounds daft...but Mindfulness, finding peace in a Frantic withdrawahelped me.... have been anxious for 3 years....absolutely the worst thin ever....tried Prozac, sertraline and had diazepam......now I am managing....only just but I am managing...some days are diamond but some, sadly, are still stone....don't give up....try just try this book....best wishes x
    • Posted

Thanks Judy, that's a very useful recommendation. I'm going to order the book and cd, especially on seeing it's recommended by Jon Kabat-Zinn. I think many forms of meditation help a great deal with stress and anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, please take a deep breath...unfortunately meds can take a while to figure out...while you are trying, please google AnxietyBC for help
  • Posted

anyone from London SE? Would be great to set up a support group to meet etc may help us.

thank you everyone for your messages, helps a lot and it's nice to know I'm not alone xx smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.