Does skin heal differently on your body?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over the past 6 months I have been able to heal the psoriasis  scales on my knees, elbows and waist 100% with no signs of the scales starting in these places again and I have almost been able to completely heal the psoriasis scales on my scalp and ears but I am not having much success healing the psoriasis scales on my back. Those are still red and dry, that crack. They are better but I am not having the same success with them. Does anyone know if the skin will heal differently depending where it is on your body?  I have treated all the areas the same and can’t understand why I have so much success in some areas and less success in others.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would guess that there is more pressure and rubbing on your back causing irritation ?

Maybe from getting in and out of cars, sitting position any sports or gym equipment. 

Like on your knees elbows and waist psoriasis is irritated from pressure from bumping the areas and leaning on elbows and waistline from clothing all could cause cracking in the skin.

What was the technique that helped clear up the plaque psoriasis on the other areas ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.