Does skin thinning from Prednisone recover after quitting?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was only on for a short period of time but the skin all over my body thinned and feels dried up. Will this thicken with time if I quit Prednisone?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I 've been on steroids for several months. My skin is thin too. If i bump my arms i get bleeding under the skin like bruising. Extremely ugly. Didn't think about the steroids causing it.

• Posted

My skin is llke Irene describes.  I have been on Prednisone for several years (lost count) and I get dreadful skin tears if I bump into something which I do often :-(   I use Cerave in the thick variety and it helps keep the skin moist.

• Posted

hi JohnD99 I  was taking prednisilone for my chest infection stopped taking it a few months ago & will never take it again , my skin is so thin now i even get bruising while i sleep my skin is still thin & i don,t think it will ever get back to normal there are so many side effects with this drug that we don,t get told about personally i think it should be banned

hi John . 

w

as

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.