Does slippery elm make your stomach hurt!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any suggestions on how to avoid this!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gloria. I make up Slippery Elm as a drink as I find it really soothing for my gut... it doesn't make my tum hurt so I'm afraid I have no suggestions on how to avoid!

• Posted

How do you make a slippery elm drink ? I have the capsules not the powder.
  • Posted

I buy the Slippery Elm in powder form sold as a food supplement from the health shop and follow the instructions on the box- it can be made up so it's like porridge consistency and eaten as a meal or made up as a drink, which is what I do. I have a mug most nights and if my gut is "off" I have it during the day instead of food. Wouldn't be with out it!

• Posted

Thanks for your response! I was wondering was I suppose to take it that way. Since it absorbs more faster that way. I'm really afraid to try it again since it made my stomach hurt. Maybe that was to strong taking it that way and maybe I should cut back to one capsule.

• Posted

Was I suppose to injest those herbs like that. I heard people make a tea out of the herbs not injest them. What do you think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.