Does symptom flare-up mean chronic active EBV?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm over 4 months into my supposed first bout with mono (blood tests initially showed that I didn't have IGG antibodies), and I think I'm having a symptom flare-up. Sore throat, ear ache, swollen glands, and the fatigue never really did go away. Is it possible to have flare-ups like this and NOT have it be CAEBV, or am I doomed?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i just had what i thought was a flare up, those same mono like symptoms. i had mono one year ago. i ran to the dr and had blood checked bc i too feared a flare up or worse. blood was normal, turns out i was just fighting a regular cold/virus

• Posted

Did your anxiety that was set on by mono ever go away? I have just read through all your posts about the anxiety you had while fighting mono and I relate to all the same symptoms. I'm tired of not feeling like myself even though I try my hardest and it's been about a month since I was diagnosed.

• Posted

i developed anxiety 12 years ago when i got epstein Barr ... i wasnt tested for mono but dont think i had it as i was not fatigued at all ... it was just all mental i developed agoraphobia .

i did better 2 years later but never really overcame the anxiety.

now i have it again with mono and anxiety has been bad.

• Posted

my son had 2-3 flareups during the first nine months. its been a little over a year now and seems to be doing fine now

• Posted

im just going into month 21 and still get relapse days if i go out to dinner ( which is rare these days)

or if i push too much . i still rest all day .... just do an errand or two maybe a short walk and bed. i knew from previous posts that it would be ablout 2 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.