Does taking HRT improve energy levels and help to stop fatigue

Posted , 12 users are following.

or am I expecting a miracle LOL lol

Mrs M ???

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I can only speak for me but yes I have alot more energy.  I think it is because I am sleeping better because the night sweats have stopped.  I also no longer feel sick so I am eating much better.HRT works for me.  Would be a mess without it.  Hope it works for you too.XX
    • Posted

Hi Margret. May I ask which HRT you're taking? I'm currently on Cyclo Progynova but don't get on with it, as I get PMT type symptoms during the 7 day tablet free break. I would like to try something else. I am 52 and had 2 periods within the past 12 months. Kind regards Petra xx
    • Posted

Hi I am on Elleste Duet conti.  2mg oestrogen and 1mg progesterone.XXXX
    • Posted

Oh no, 

that's the one I've been prescribed, just hope it helps me confused

• Posted

I had the same experience with I started estrogen.  When my level got right I slept like a baby, had energy again, my nails started growing thick and long as they used to be, my hair started growing again and I felt like a new woman.

So no, you are not experiencing a miracle, it's those tiny little chemicals that our bodies are craving.  

• Posted

HRT was like a miracle for me. Most esp. for sadness, hot flashes and no energy -- it all went away, and fairly quickly. Hoping the same for you, MrsMerm. : )
    • Posted

Thanks Laurie,

I have also developed allergies recently which is making me miserable. Between antihistamines, antidepressants and HRT rolleyes

I just wish one of them would get me back on track

thanks though wink

• Posted

Have you developed chronic hives by any chance? They often go along with perimenopause or menopause. Bioidentical estrogel has cleared up my hives by about 80%! Good luck. You'll get through it!

• Posted

It depends on the person and their bodies I was tired while on HRTs because i am on other meds for anxieties and depression so i was tired while taking my HRTs not on them any more due to the bleeding that occured back in July
  • Posted

It's not a miracle cure, but pretty darn close!
    • Posted

sorry, off topic, but Love your nickname, bobbysgirl. Is it from the song, circa early 60's I think?
    • Posted

Thanks Laurie, it has a long story. I was a little girl when the song was out. Our neighbours had a collie dog that I adored. His name was Spot (very original). My dad used to sing 'I want to be Spottys girl' and the song stuck in my head.

Fast forward to 2013, one stormy day my OH found a tiny kitten in the road. He had a damaged front leg (which we later had to have amputated). When he walked, he bobbed, what else could we call him but Bobby?! I really am Bobby's girl now.

That's my little man in my avatar

• Posted

Lovely story, thanks for telling us. Bobby's a beauty and a lucky one, too.
  • Posted

If you're having hot flashes then it will stop them so you can sleep and you'll have more energy from a good night's rest. Prometrium is a progesterone that I took at night with a sleep aid in it. Made me groggy in the morning so I was switched to just "progesterone" at night and felt better. Good Luck and God Bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.