Does tart concentrate work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Who here uses tart cherry concentrate, that swears by it?

I want to know the percentage of people who are on medication and use it and those who arnt and use it and how long it takes to start seeing resultS.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I tried cherries, tart cherry juice, and dried tart cherries.  Nothing.

Tried celery and celery seed, and that works.

I have not heard that any specific chemical in cherries has ever been identified as why they might work.  However for celery there is a compound 3nb, and they know what it does.

• Posted

Were you on allpurinol? 

How much celery are you eating for it to work for you?

• Posted

Was not on allopurinol.  Five sticks of celery is about the same as one 500mg celery seed capsule, or you can get celery seed and use it as spice - tastes like celery!

Might take two of those during an attack, just one a day for maintenance.

• Posted

I am not on any long term medication. tart cherry concentrate definitely alleviated my gout symptoms somewhat but not completely. It wasn't until I took apple cider vinegar extract that my symptoms went away completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.