Does the blepharitis can be cured?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I heard that is no cure.. I have this disease after using conditioner for eyelashes (Oceanic Long 4 Lashes ) and it lasts 1,5 years 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been told it is a life long condition. My bleph started by a Clinique makeover which I very much regret. I have an intense daily routine whether at home or on holiday. I find if I neglect any aspect of it, especially the heat sessions, my eyes start twitching and prickling and becoming uncomfortable. 
  • Posted

I’m advised there is no cure but a life long condition which one can keep under control with heat masks twice a day, vigourous hygiene, tea tree oil wipes, and some patients use Manuka honey. It’s different for everyone. I’ve just finished a course of fusidic acid antibiotics as I had a strong flare up. 

I’ve just finished a course of fuchsia

• Posted

Dear Niki,

After I killed Blepharitis the Dr told me it would come back. I said it has been 5-6 months. It is now almost 5 years.

I used Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes, from the US. They have Benzethonium Chloride in them. The UK wipes have Benzalkonium Chloride in them and people have said they were harsher.

It took me over 3 months to kill it.

If you would like more info it is posted on this site or let me know. There are alternatives like Tea Tree Oil, which had to be diluted, too to help with this problem.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.