Does the contraceptive pill effect polycystic ovaries?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was thinking of maybe starting to take the contraceptive pill since me and my bf have decided we're not ready to start having children yet and was wondering if it has any negative effects on polycystic ovaries since i have it. I don't want it to ruin my chances of never having birth.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My Dr. prescribed depo provera injection for me. I questioned him why he would put me on BC and he said it would help regulate my hormones and help me ovulate. From other reading I have done online and that's taken with a grain of salt it doesn't seem like BC would prevent your from conceiving in the future- it would probably help! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.