Does the drowsiness go away?

Posted , 20 users are following.

Been on mirtazapine 15mg before bed and the drowsiness is unbelievable - was advised to go home as so sleepy, also feeling quite fuzzy and slow. Just wondered did people find the drowsiness goes away after a while / gets better? Thanks

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have been on 45mg for four weeks.the side effects at the start we're awful.my mood has lifted I don t feel groggy in the morning but for some reason I feel like I need a sleep at tea time.i don't have a sleep and the feeling soon wears off.a bit dizzy at times otherwise it seems to be helping.
  • Posted

Hi Judith I'm reading this a year after you posted as I'm looking for opinions and help regarding mirtazapine. Hopefully you are well and I'm just wondering if the drowsiness wore off as I am feeling awful after 3 days of taking it. Abby x

• Posted

Hi, how are u getting on with the mirtazapine now? Has the drowsyness worn off in the day? I'm on day 2 and find I could sleep all day. Hope this settles

• Posted

Hi there, how are u getting on with mirtazapine now? I've taken it for 2 days and the drowsyness throughout the day is the hardest. Please share some light that this hopefully improves with time. Look forward to hearing from you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.