Does the fog and tiredness ever lift? 5 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I still feel like a zombie like in a daze.I feel like I'm just here and I'm a little better than before but still feel like crying in the morning. I just want to be happy and want to laugh again and joke around. It's like I just want to sit here and not talk to anyone or do anything.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I can't offer advice, I'm on day two... But just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I end up just staring into space for hours if I'm left alone. Read Sharon's thread - it's full of hope! Looks like eventually it's all worth it in the end. Really hope so. Good luck xx
  • Posted

hey nicole i feel exactly your situation tell your doctor you want to change your meds to pregablin/lyrica and tell me in a few weeks that your life hasnt change i can put money on it that you will really start to change after that
    • Posted

Hi did you take flu? For how long and was this how you felt?
    • Posted

How do I find her thread? I'm on my mobile. A lot of the ppl have the same side effects but the daze thing drives me crazy sad especially at work. I will ask patients the same question again I think sometimes because I'm caught up in my own thoughts.
    • Posted

hi nicole had a read at the rest of your messages ignore my message i wouldnt want to guide you to what i am taking if you are pregnant ,, i just was giving you my advice because the pregablin/lyrica meds i was on for your symptons turned my life around
    • Posted

It's okay! I appreciate your advice. I'm just completely miserable and don't know ifs hormones or still depression. I'm glad your feeling better though!
  • Posted

The fog does lift after a week or so. I remember sitting in a meeting with my boss thinking 'I have no idea what you're talking about...' I was so easily distracted. Give it time, I'm sharper than a tack now! (7 months down the line...)
    • Posted

Thank you! I also am up and down a lot which I know is normal but I feel hateful and snappy at times. Did that ever happen to you? Like I'll be good a few hours then just get hateful and it scares me. I guess I'm worried the meds won't work and I just found out I'm pregnant so I don't know if it's the meds or the hormones. I've been on them about 5 weeks and that's how far along I am so I have no clue. So depressing
    • Posted

& I've been in a fog/ daze off and on since I started them 4-5 weeks ago
    • Posted

Well congrats!! Is it your first? I don't know for sure but when I was pregnant I was a moody b1tch for the whole 9months - def nothing to do with meds. The first three months of being pregnant make your body go haywire - tired, sick etc - especially if it's your first. Try and get as much rest as possible, I would think it's hormones rather than the meds. Prozac really does help but give it time. Not easy when you're in the thick of it, I know, but just be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up about being blue. X
    • Posted

No I have a daughter that's 6. This wasn't planned as I had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 months 2 years ago and went on prozac afterwards it snapped me out of it in 3 weeks and then I only took it two months and was good for 2 years. I guess I was extremely lucky. Now I had a miscarriage in October and an extremely depressed again now. I was on birth control so I don't know how I got pregnant. The amount of time I've been pregnant I've been on Prozac so I really have no clue what's my hormones or meds. Last time I only took 10 mg and now I'm taking 5 so I'm sure it needs upped but I'm scared of side effects for the baby so I'm trying to at least wait till after the first trimester. I've just never felt this hateful and it's scary sad because it's not me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.