Does the moderator censor every single thing that is written on this site?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Three times recently I have replied to a post only to have it either witheld or deleted. This last time [today] I did not add a link to a website, just  merely mentioned a man's name. We are meant to be helping each other here by passing on helpful information or so I thought.  Is there really somebody watching my every stroke and if there is then I shall not bother in future. Shame  as I have found it helpful.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

As per my reply elsewhere:

The problem is there are so many users that spam the forums with advertising and product placement we have to keep a check on things otherwise the forums would get swamped with irrelevant posts. The other issue is users who use the forums to repeatedly post the same comments everywhere and are "campaigning" for their beliefs and forcing their opinions on other users. This includes names, products, references to websites without links etc. Sometimes this means genuine comments are sent for moderation but generally they will be approved fairly quickly.

There is an FAQ section here

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/59133-discussion-forums that explains things and has details about contacting moderators etc. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hello there how are your readings going?  mine are up it must be the winter roll on summer I say, lowest reading recently 145/95 hope these resadings are ok .. keep up with the beet it juice 
    • Posted

Hi Helen. After that scare I had when I'd just returned from Provence when the readings were all over the place, things do seem to have settled down to an average of <125 5="">. That is averaging over a week.  It's usually higher in the mornings [before breakfast] than at bedtime. I chickened out of going back to the dr afraid that she would just raise my dose and I still just hate the idea of being on meds at all. However - needs must I guess if I don't want to succumb to a stroke or heart attack as i was told originally would happen. It's being so cheerful that keeps the practice nurses going!! 

Really don't like beetroot juice. Love beetroot cooked hot as a vegetable though a la Jamie Oliver.

• Posted

I make a point of never mentioning names of people and names of hospitals only in a General way if they do a certain procedure.
    • Posted

Sometimes the post is pointless without the relevant name. They do make me cross though on this site for deleting stuff. Am I right though  in thinking that patient.info is affiliated to the NHS?
    • Posted

Hi Jane,

We do not actively moderate every post or "watch every keystroke". See http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398321-moderation-and-reporting-posts and

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402742-why-has-my-post-been-sent-for-moderation-not-been

I have explained our reasoning above. It is a very small minority of posts that go for moderation and most users appreciate we do prevent the discussions getting overtaken with advertising etc. If the name etc is relevant and useful the post will be approved but if you feel you want to get the info to another user in the meantime you can use the Private Message service to forward the details.

We are not associated with the NHS.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Ok,Ok I take your point about advertising or publicity but frankly as I saw it you were being rather pedantic.  I have nothing to publicise or advertise as I'm just an ordinary person who surfs the web for a particular condition. I find the anonymity on a forum reassuring - not that I've anything to hide.

In this case I was trying to direct someone to a person's blog that I had found helpful and you did eventually print it.  Without critiscism of the status quo, as that particular blog does, how can we form our opinions and make our decisions?

I did read your link re. the NHS and  I did know they have their own website but thought for some reason that you were part of the same set up, perhaps because so much of the stuff on your site is directed at the medical profession. Apologies.

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.