does the pain ever go away with a.s.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Deep pain from lower back and hips get so bad somedays pain meds don't even help

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi some things you could try: alternate between rest and moving around a bit, a hot bath, sit in the sun, layer your pain medicines, get more active treatment from a rheumatologist, distract yourself with family, friends, TV or something else You can take different types of pain relief meds on top of each other but not the same type. Example of what u can take: anti-inflammatory plus tramal and add panado to control pain so u can get to sleep or if pain wakes u in the night. Avoid codeine except for very short period for example 3 days.
  • Posted

Make double appt for Dr.

I also find the pain gets worse if I'm cold or if I haven't been getting enough exercise OR if I've been over doing it. Also if I forgot to take my passion osteo when I was supposed to or I slept unsupported. Medium Pillow between the knees when I occasionally rest or sleep short while on my side , prior to going to sleep, works best to take pressure off my spine and sleeping on my stomach all night with the thinnest pillow that I can find- counteracts the bending of the neck and affecting shoulder area of upper spine. Don't forget- a few gentle physio stretches prior to sleeping and when you awake, and also when you're in the shower, hydro, spa or heated pool!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.