Does the white soft skin projections on penis glans can be HPV warts? PICS ATTACHED.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 28 year old guy. I had unprotected oral sex and protected anal sex with two strangers on different occasions at the end of September, 2017. Since then I didn't had any sexual contact. I also had balanitis at that point of time.

Now there are some white soft skin projections have cropped up at the lower periphery of the penis glans. Do these look like HPV warts? 

I also had burning and tingling sensation in the groin area although there are no rashes. I suspect it to be HPV as my partner had multiple sex partners before having an encounter with me.

Thank You.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello lost knight, a am a urologist in the United states. This is pearly penile papules. It's a NORMAL skin variant. They cannot be transferred to another person although they may seem unsightly they are perfectly harmless. Yours seems to be long enough fingernail clippers may remove some of it but I would not try and remove them until you can be seen by a doctor, we do it here with a co2 laser and it's pretty painless. Good luck and wear condoms with ever sort of sexual contact as oral can still spread herpes, HPV and other bacterial infections!

• Posted

Thanks a lot Sir for relieving me from continuous over thinking I have been doing about it. God bless you.

Does the purple dots on my glans look normal?

Also I have been having burning after urination inside the penis tip for 6 months now. I was having UTI till 3 months back but the burning sensation is not going away. I don't have any issues while urinating and the frequency has been normal as always.

Also can I get HPV on penis if any infected person gives me b*****b?

Does the same applies when I get rimmed by an infected person?

I am having burning sensations in the groin area but everything looks normal. Applied Antifungal creams but no improvement. The skin looks dry though. These all symptoms started after my sexual contacts 7 months back. I have been tested for all STDs and got HSV-1 Positive. I have take 20 days doxyline two times a day after I got balanitis in November and also 1 g Azithromicine in February. Can doxyline causes dryness in burning sensation in the groin or it is HPV?

• Posted

HPV can be spread through any contact, sexual or non sexual. It cannot be prevented through condom use just as HSV can still infect you even though you wear a condom. By rimming I think you either mean the penis being run around the anus or the tongue doing the same- both can transfer HPV, hsv and/or other diseases. Yes, you can get HPV or HSV and other diseases from oral sex- giving or receiving.

The purple dots can be normal but I cannot see you in person so it makes it difficult to tell if these are blood vessels or essentially normal skin variants. Are they new?

Antibiotics usually don't cause dryness or anything other than nausea but each person is different.

Has your doctor said anything about acyclovir? It's an antiviral that would help with herpes infection by about 50 percent, essentially prep but much less effective.

Did your partners happen to lick your meatus during oral sex? This can transfer all sorts of bacteria into your urinary tract and herpes has been known give burning or tingling sensations prior to an outbreak.

Were you retested after 6 months? Some diseases have a longer intubation period.

• Posted

You are really kind to guide me Sir.

I am scared about getting HPV now.

I don't see any warts till now at 7 months after exposure.

I didn't see any warts on anus or in mouth of the guy I did with but the burning and sticky sensation in the groin started 1 month after sex.

The balanitis was noticed 10 days after sex. There was only no bumps on the glans, just redness of glans and foreskin with white discharge under the foreskin with burning sensation after urination. Although I had a single red bump after application of an ointment in February this year but no pain or itching. Even if it is HSV-1 that is causing symptoms, does the symptoms last for 7 months straight as I am having burning in groin and burning at tip after urination since the last sex 7 months ago. I did HSV testing at 3 months and 5 months , igg positive and Igm negative both times.

All other STDs checked 3-4 months after exposure. Also I used to get cold sores in the mouth once in a year so I think I have HSV-1 since childhood.

The purple dots are no blood vessels I am sure about it. 1-2 purple dots were there when I was virgin till September,2017. They have increased after the balanitis episode.

The acyclovir was never discussed by my docs. Shall I take them? I don't have any bumps in groin or penis though, never experienced them since last sex.

My partner said he has no symptoms or bumps in the groin or mouth. Although he had multiple sexual partners, may be around 5-8. But I had only 2 partners including him.

Yes he licked and deep throated my penis. After rimming he sucked it too so I guess that's how I got UTI due to E.coli bacteria. But now I have tested twice for urine culture and got negative both the times.

I took some meds in February end that caused constipation with thick and dark stools. Since then I am feeling something is struck in my anus and it itches as well inside it. It feels tighter than before. And it feels tighter even more when I pull it inside. I see some blood inside the stool too. It burns inside my anus whole day with more in evening.

I feel really depressed at times. I think I made a very serious mistake by having sex with that guy.

I am already engaged and will get married at the end of this year. I am sick to death that I may give something to my future wife.

Thank you so much for helping me Sir. I am really glad about it.

• Posted

You can have HPV and not have any warts that's the scary thing but you can be tested for it. I would implore you to go get that tested if you haven't already, considering some strains of the disease are responsible for 90 percent of penile cancer.

How are you washing your penis? Using soaps or creams?

7 months for a uti is a long time. Can you see any growth in the inside? I would like for you to schedule for an endoscopy and cystoscopy- go to your doctor and with your symptoms he should agree to do them.

• Posted

ohh I am really worried now. Although there is no test for HPV in males in my country (India). I have to live in fear for the rest of my life sad.

I wash my penis with luke warm water. Sometimes I use dove soap.

I don't see any growth inside the penis, it is just dark reddish (blackish) in the inside.

I have consulted 3 urologist till now but no one suggested endoscopy or cyctoscopy till now.

What causes burning after urination Sir? Because i have everything as normal, juts after urniation it stings and feels like some process is going on inside urethra and slow burning happens for like 20-30 minutes and then it returns to normal.

Endoscopy for anus and cystoscopy for the penis you are talking about?

The opening of my penis has turned a bit dark now since 2-3 months. The pic is attached. 

Does it look abnormal to you?

Regards,

• Posted

For the burning sensation I want you to drink as much water as you can(to the point where you are never thirsty all day and almost have to force yourself to drink). This will help if it is a bacterial infection. Drain your bladder fully every time you drink water. What I find to help with the burning sensation is to place a cold cloth on the penis itself- this helps when there is extreme amounts of pain . What causes this pain is any irritation on the inside of the urethra.

Yes, endoscopy for intestines and cystoscopy for inside the urinary tract.

I would not be so worried for you as penile cancer is very rare as is. But if you feel parts of your penis that are firm or notice any growths you need to get them checked immediately

• Posted

Thank you Sir.

I have been drinking around 3.5- 4 litres of water everyday since 3 months now. The burning sensation is less or nil during the first urination and increases till afternoon then becomes constant till night. Yes the infection is inside the urethra which gets activated due to the wetness caused by urine.

I will consult regarding cystoscopy with another urologist. The gastroenterologist has refused for endoscopy for now and suggested medicines for constipation and IBS.

I am just worried about passing anything to my wife. I feel disgusted about it sir.

Do my meatus look abnormal to you in the previous pic?

• Posted

Your meatus looks discolored. It is a sign of some foreign infection. Is the blood, when you have a bowel movement, bright red or is it darker in color? Theres nothing I can say that would be accurate considering that I am not there in person. Keep pressing for treatment
    • Posted

Yes it looks like HPV causing skin cancer on penis tip.

There is no blood after bowel movement. The stool are somewhat dark at the end of bowl movement though.

Shall I consult a dermatologist or a urologist for the discolouration?

I feel doctors here are ignoring something serious. I feel really hopeless sometimes considering my marriage.

• Posted

@Lostknight is there any update on this? what had happened and what was the medicine prescribed.

• Posted

i have same problem I do biopsy of lymph nodes also because they are bit swollen, and I am waiting results, is there any update ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.