Does this affect anyone's fingernails?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 46 and in peri....among all the other crazy things going on in my body in the last few months I have noticed very shallow horizontal ridges on a few of my fingernails. So shallow that you can only see them when at a certain angle. Has anyone else noticed anything different with their nails? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My hair and nails have gone to pot as well as so many other things.  The list goes on and on...  I have beefed up my biotin..  Also, I have been doing a nail soak with olive oil, garlic, salt, etc...  and this has helped too!!!   For awhile I was making 'healthy' jello which helps nail growth.

• Posted

I had never heard of this before but it is actually listed amongst the symptoms in the post pinned in the Menopause, I think it's menopause resources or something similar and this particular symptom is near the bottom of the long list. I hope this helps x

• Posted

Yes i noticed this only a few weeks ago.. its worse on my big toe nails and is very rigged , but when i look at my hands its also visible on my thumbs too but not as bad. Its also just an aging thing apparently as i looked it up as was  a little concerned myself.
    • Posted

My left big toe is hot mess! I had to have ingrown toenail surgery on it twice in my mid 30's and it looked fine until menopause. Now it's this ugly thick discolored thing. But polish my toenails and keep going.cheesygrin

• Posted

Yep, just looked. I've got them too. My left thumbnail will grow to a point and then split, I have to keep it cut short. sad

• Posted

I have ridges to on mine I was told it age that cause them nothing to worry about..they break and split dry round the nails but I'm not to bothered just paint them hide them just something else to worry about I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.