Does this ever improve?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been weaning off citalopram cut from 10mg to 7.5mg 11 days ago,alll time i've been on it felt no improvement and worsening symptoms and pretty bad most of the time, since weaning off have actually been having a few day with slight improvement then day like to day and the intrusive thoughts and anxiety back to square one and loose all hope of ever recovering. Never experienced any good days on it so not sure what windows and waves feel like, just hoping might be sign that coming off the reasonable days will increase and this is normal in withdrawal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

How long were you on Citalopram before you decided to wean off?

• Posted

Been on meds About 6 months stopped citalopram after couple months as made hair fall out. Then tried sertraline which was awful. So went back on citalopram. I know does help a lot of people but fir me made me feel lot worse. Weaning off slowly . My problems caused by zopiclone withdrawal so hoping this will be better. Only ever taken 10mg as sensitive to meds maybe that's why didnt have much success I don't really know.

• Posted

It will get better. I never had any withdrawal symptoms when I came off 10mg citalopram the first time around. You maybe just feeling a bit wobbly due to the fact you've changed a bit in the past 6 months. You have to find something that works for you, citalopram helps millions of people worldwide, but that doesn't mean it is meant for you..

I'm also very sensitive to medication to. I'm only on week 3 of citalopram and still don't feel right. Your side effects and withdrawal will improve in time. Just keep following your GP instructions and keep them updated on how your feeling.

• Edited

Been doing a bit of research seems it's windows & waves due to gradually withdrawing says it's sign of neurological healing. Not doing it through GP, a GP made me go cold turkey off zopiclone after 12 years which has caused all the problems was fine before, just told me to up the dose of the citalopram. Been looking on surviving anti depressants a lot people seem have same thing when trying come off them. Sertraline gave me OCD symptoms as well so not going on any more meds, just made me feel worse, and recently kept feeling faint and briefly passed out one day so had enough of them! I agree they help a lot of people but equally think they don't work for everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.