Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is my first post on here, and it may be long in length but please bare with me. I’ve always had depression from a young age, and obsessive thoughts. About 3 years ago it all hit hard. I was in the passenger seat of a car and it hit me. My head was going faster than my body could react, I was so scared and nothing felt real. I went to the ER and they said panic attack. Followed up with my doctor and he started me on 20mg Prozac and Ativan as needed. After my ER trip the days were dreadful. I would get literal waves of sad feelings through my body, tingling, scared, etc. this lasted a few months but to my surprise it subsided and I felt normal for a while. Then, one night I got woken out of my sleep by what I can say the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. It started from my head and went to my toes, a hot tingling sensation, I got extremely nauseous and I was gagging, my muscles stiffened, but the worst part about it was my head. My head was telling me to die, that I can’t go through this feeling of overwhelming sadness and scariness. It was so powerful that even typing this I get sick. Went to the ER, blood tests and urine we’re fine, so they said another panic attack. When I read about panic attacks I see chest pain, heart papulations, etc but I got none of that. Just hot tingling through my body and absolutely terrible and scary thoughts. I keep thinking there’s no way this is anxiety and there’s something wrong with me. Again after this attack I have been sad, anxious, hopeless thoughts, and I always get a pain in the back of my head on the left side. If anyone has experienced anything similar please do tell me your story. I feel alone like nobody goes through this but me. Nothing causes me to be anxious, just woke me out of a sleep one night and experienced absolutely the worst thing ever. Doctor upped my Prozac to 40mg, and I am seeing a counselor, but something just seems off. I thought panic attacks were chest pain and sweating, I don’t get that. I get so terribly sad, tingly, nauseous, horrid thoughts and I just freak out saying what is happening please make my head stop. Then weeks/months after the attack I get sad waves, anxious waves, head pain, and it’s just so hard to fight. Thank you in advance for any responses. Also I am in a happy relationship and nothing bad going on at home I’m not sure why this happens, I’m 22 years old 

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Panic attacks are the pits. You are doing all the right things to help you thru. Also suggest mindfulness techniques to help you control these issues. Many you tube videos online. Helped me very much and I am sure you will find this a good way to help when triggers for panic attacks are noted and leaning how to breathe and use mindfulness to cope. Before you know it the attacks will lesson. It take time a adjuctments. Ask you councilor for more info on mindfulness.get out and walk in the woods a quiet place to take your visual mind into a peaceful place ofmrelaxation and get the adrenalin hormones to help .
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your response. I didn’t know panick Attacks could be so intense and have so much power over your mind 😓 I will look into the YouTube videos, and I love nature so I’ll do the walks as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.