Does this happen to you

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok i know ive been here a lot lately im sorry. When you guys say you get the pressure and weird feeling in your head do you also get an extreme tightening in your neck makes it hard to swallow and feels like it shuts the rest of your body down? I feel like my breathing gets heavy, my stomach feels like a cement brick and nothing is moving but at the same time theres that fight or flight feeling all over its so weird and scary its like i can feel it in my muscles not just my stomach sometimes even low like above my pelvis. On top of everything else I do have an eating disorder and am underweight. Wont get into the details but i literally eat the same thing everyday every meal because of fear of how i react to food. My throat is also scratchy lately and i have lot post nasal drip, eye floaters... I dont know if the symptoms i mentioned are hirmonal or ive now probably developed a reaction to the same few foods i eat everyday and am having an inflammatory response so thats why i ask if this happens to anyone else. Its probably both. Im just beside myself and dont know what to do anymore.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have head pressure which leads to headaches.. The weather has been acting funny so I sometimes think it's sinus's too.. I use nose spray to try to get that gunk out.. I have been drinking hot tea for my throat-- it's a little scratchy and hope it doesn't get worse. It was warm now cold and then warm next week..Not sure if it hormonal or not BUT my Dr told me that allergy's do often get worse as we age.

• Posted

Hi there the feeling your getting is a panic attack feeling i get this all the time and its all down to hormones or should i say lack of them, yes your eating pattern is not so good so maybe try vitamins to boost you a little and as far as the itchy throat and snotty nose iam now in my 2nd month of supper snotts,sneezing, heavy head and dizziness dry and itchy throat, i once got told by a gp to run my tongue over the roof of my mouth and if it felt bumpy it was due to hayfever and i have this now as i live near a open field and there is cherry trees all around were i live and its tree pollen time of year in the uk so iam guessing thats what is my problem at the min i wake every morn feeling like iam getting a cold blow huge amounts of snott sneeze at least 10 times then get totally blocked up sinuses for the rest of the day which also make me feel dizzy and pressure in my head so try steaming or taking something for allergies i try not to take drugs as iam paranoid about side affects so last year i used sterimed its a salt water spray with no chemicals in it and it does clear ur sinuses out for a while but i had to do it several times a day for any affect and its about 7 times more expensive than hayfever meds at £8.99 a bottle but its worth a try , also my allergies have gotten so so much worse over the past few years since being peri menopausal Big hugs to u xx

• Posted

I have all this. I also have a small list of foods I can eat because I seem to be sensitive to everything. I am 6 years into menopause

• Posted

I am beside myself with all of this. I went to a Gastroenterologist and his wife is an ob/GYN and they also do the functional/natural medicine. She told me once my gut is healed everything else would balance out, meaning my hormones. Well easier said then done, every food even foods considred healing have an affect on my body and not in a goid way. As well as the supplements they gave me. So i am stuck in this limbo which is a torturous hell. Idk what to do or where to even begin. I tell all of you ladies not to lose hope yet i have non. Non what so ever:(

• Posted

Suzan i am the same with supplements. I took the other day a vitamin d capsule that made my heart race at a pace that scared the living daylights out of me. Took a advil for headache only to discover it made me crazy with anxiety. Even took a multi vitamin yesterday that made my heart race. I am so scared to take anything. I stick to foods and seeds for my vitamin intake. My body has changed so much it scares me.

• Posted

I get head pressure that goes into my neck... it doesn't affect my throat as such but i really have to fight to stay calm when it happens as it can happen in the middle of the day when I'm out etc and I really feel panicky when it comes on... it mainly happens when I stand (kind of like a blood pressure thing) but my BP is ok.

It is a really horrible feeling though - just one of the very many gifts that menopause brought me when it arrived. 😦

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.