Does this look like a genital wart? (Pic included)

Posted , 18 users are following.

(20 y/o female)

I noticed this bump on Friday (two days ago). On Thursday, I had rough sex with my monogamous boyfriend of 8 months about 5 times in just a couple of hours and was understandably sore afterward. On Friday morning, I was still tender and decided to take a look down there. I had some tears/friction damage so I decided to keep an eye on things, and noticed this place. I have an appointment with my GYN but not until next week. I'm not looking for an internet diagnosis, just some honesty. Could this be a genital wart? I had the Gardasil vaccines 4 years ago. It's not tender; it doesn't burn to pee. It hasn't gotten bigger since Friday, and if anything it appears to be a little smaller.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It might be. I have had HPV and it seems like no two look alike. Mine were really small and white. If it is they will spread. Best to have a doctor check it out.
  • Posted

Do u already know what it is?

I have the same!

• Posted

This looks more like vaginal skin tags than warts. They can be caused or worsened by friction so the recent r
    • Posted

Oops my reply got cut off and submitted early...as I was saying, the recent rough sex could have increased friction and dryness which are causes of harmless skin tags. However, vaginal skin tags and warts can look quite similar so it's still best to get a gynecologist's opinion.

• Posted

you had vaccinated, chance are it's not wart. Check with doctor for confirmation.

• Posted

That is actually not true, the vaccine does not prevent genital warts. It only prevents cancer causing hpv 
    • Posted

I am not sure where you got your information but that is not correct.

• Posted

Did you ever find out what this is? I have something that’s similar but there’s no pain 
    • Posted

Chelsea I also have something similar.... I don't know how to post a pic though.....

Mine are are on the bottom of my vaginal opening.... One is larger and irregular in shape..... The other one is small and round....they are on opposite sides.... So basically one each side.

• Posted

thats from rough sex my piercing does that to my girlfriend if we go at it too hard. She kind of freaked out too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.