Does this look like a new laceration or a dehiscence?

Posted , 2 users are following.

The little bit of blood in the pic is the only bleeding that occurred. not even a drop of blood on the child's shirt. image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi that looks incredibly sore, did he fall and graze it because it looks fresh and grazes tend not to bleed too much only on the surface

Have you cleaned it well and has he had a tetanus recently

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply. He was on all fours and fell forward. Slight graze, then the huge deep laceration occurred. He got 7 stitches. I suspect it might be an old injury that reopened. The child was hospitalized with cellulitis on his chin.

• Posted

He was hospitalized with cellulitis on his chin prior this accident.

• Posted

I would make an appointment for the Dr but in the meantime get a clear plaster that allows it to breath which I think are burn plasters, I think their left on till it heals,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.