does this look like a sinus infection??

Posted , 6 users are following.

First i noticed a pain/irritation and burning a bit when i inhaled in one of my nostrils, then started to get stuffy. noticed some blood and mucus. its gotten much worse and thankfully spoke to a doctor over the phone today who said probably sinus infection and prescribed me antibiotics, which ive started. im just a little paranoid bc he didnt actually see my sinuses or anything lol and im just an anxious person. will of course keep taking the antib****iotics, just curious if these pics seem indicative of that ! ! also anyone know what the little white sore looking thing is? imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ive had it for 8 months now a stinging burning feeling i use saline spray everyday! white is probsbly mucus my nose produces white mucus when infected really thick

• Posted

Hi Robyn ,

what saline nasal spray do you use ? Hope you are feeling better .

• Posted

Yes, your sinuses are definitely inflamed that's why it's so red and the white looks like mucus. You should get you a sinus irrigating kit (Walgreens) to flush your sinuses.

• Posted

I guess this is a dry nose issue. Those nasal turbunates gets swollen if there is less humidity.

• Use hot mist humidifier
    • Use Sinus Neti Meds
    • For couple of days try to put 2-3 drops of Ghee ( clarified butter ) while sleeping.. You can get it in Whole Foods. Also try to rub it around inside of your nose. It helps like a charm in 2-3 days.
  • Posted

That is one swollen inferior turbinate. I hope you're all better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.