Does this look like a yeast infection or something else?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’ve had this itch and discomfort inside my vagina and on the vulva that comes and goes for two months now. I thought it was a yeast infection but it doesn’t go away (I’ve tried natural stuff for it and it helps but then it comes back). Could it be something else? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You can have a white discharge with a yeast infection but it can also be normal. It depends what your natural discharge is normally like. Mine has always been clear and jelly like so when it was white and runny I knew I had a yeast infection. Some women can get repeated yeast infections and often it is hormone related and happens just before their period. If this is the case with you the next you need to make some dietary changes and take anti yeast suppliments continually to stop the reaccurance.
    • Posted

Hi Suki, 

I'm a man but I'm worried I might have a fungal or yeast infection under my foreskin.  It's extremely pink, with a red band around the edge. Also sometimes there is white discharge under the edge of the glans. 

Is this a fungal infection? Or is it eczema?   How should I treat it? 

Thanks I'm worrying a, 

All the best,

Jonathan

• Posted

Treat with anti fungal cream (clotrimazole cream sold under the brand name canestan in the uk), applying 2-3 times a day for 10 days.

• Posted

I'm a man but I've been feeling similar symptoms and have been wondering about this. 

• Posted

hello! could you tell me what was your treatment? i also have the same symptoms but keep coming every month thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.