Does this look like an HIV rash?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I've come up with a worrying itchy rash on my back (particularly shoulder areas), arms and chest. My hands and feet are not affected.

I've been to see my GP here in the UK who believes it may be chicken pox, but it doesn't look  at all like chicken pox from what I see online.

Looks more like the HIV rash to my untrained eye. I have been with a new partner within the last 2 weeks ago but she's confident she's clean. I'm not so sure...

I have booked myself in for an appointment to be tested but I'd appreciate some advice. Does this resemble HIV rash to you? Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi EXVR

Certainly looks like chicken pox to me im afraid. calamine lotion with sooth the itching as well.

Good old dr Google you can worry yourself to death doing that.

I would try the calamine lotion most superstores stock it. Dont come into contact with anyone else who has not had chicken pox as it is contagious.

Even if you had it as a child you can still get it again in adult life.

Take Care

• Posted

Hi are u itching? I'm sorry I can't really tell if its chicken pox because you are a sorry for saying this like this but you are a while man and I'm a black woman and your skin is very different from yours. With that said your rashes all look the same. But you only been with this young lady for a few weeks did u use protection because it could be a lot of things and I just think you might be panicking and stressing yourself out over nothing. Just go to the Dr.and I hope ever thing work out good for you and pls. Protect yourself no matter what women can say anything n the hear of the moment you have to be the responsible one and say condom or get the hell awayfrom me. Keep me posted

• Posted

It looks like the chicken pox to me. I wouldn't worry about a disease but, still get it looked at.

• Posted

the rash associated with HIV is not usually itchy and is most often concentrated on face, chest, and palms. also "maculopapular" which means red patches with bumps. yours seems to definitely have some water illed vesicles consistent with chickenpox. but... never hurts to get tested

• Posted

oops, water-filled vesicles
  • Posted

anyway,,i cant be so sure,,,looks like chicken pox but it would have given you symptoms b4 coming to this but high  cholesterol level can show up like this too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.