Does this look like genital herpe?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Received oral unprotected a few days ago and tested negative for hsv 1-2. I used a hot towel from her that she gave me to while off. I'm not sure what I'm feeling. After encounter cleaned penis as fast as I could and scrubbed. Two days later I noticed a red rash on shaft and like 3-4 red bumps on left side of penis head. It's day 8 and I'm still nervous. Please help

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Also there was no pain with any of the bumps. I just noticed that skin was peeling minorly. I'm hoping this is just balantitus or something else curable

• Posted

Hi Mitch

Get thee to a GUM clinic. It really isn't all that bad and you need a professional to confirm either way.

• Posted

I will but I went to the doctor and he told me balantitus. I am currently noticing peeling of dead skin on my shaft and extremely small bumps on my penis head
  • Posted

There is no immediate test for herpes without lesions present. I'm assuming it was thus a blood test, which, if soon after you received oral, can only establish your baseline status (if IgG; IgM is an inaccurate treat that proves nothing). You would need to test for IgG (never IgM) at 3 months post exposure, if you're that concerned.

However, I'm sure you're fine. Many people receive unprotected oral and most do not acquire anything, and it doesn't sound like you have either. Your rash could well be from all of the scrubbing. Unless you have good reason to fear herpes from her, I would not overly worry and just keep an eye on the rash. If anything worsens or you form blisters/open sores, see a doctor. And, yes, herpes lesions usually feel sore.

• Posted

I just noticed a reddish rash about two days after. I was prescribed clotrizamole and then I started to see some relief. I do notice the rash near my skin folds had small dots that look like they ripped open from me opening my foreskin so many times for anxiety to see what's going on. Also the skin in the fold and on the shaft seem to be a bit glossy. Have you ever heard of that?

• Posted

It still doesn't sound like herpes, and the fact the cream helped would seem to suggest that it's not as well. It also sounds like you are being overly anxious and noticing more things than usual as a result, or doing things to your bits (scrubbing, pulling) that are possibly causing some of your perceived issues! Keep using the cream as prescribed and try to relax. Unprotected oral is very common and does not result in genital herpes every time, even when performed by someone who carries HSV1, otherwise there would be a massive epidemic of genital herpes!

• Posted

does this look like herpes? dots went away but redness still comes and goes. its been almost two weeks 
    • Posted

I see nothing but some redness, which could be anything. It does not look like herpes, which typically presents as bumps, blisters, sores, etc., not discoloration.
    • Posted

I am experiencing the same issue, have you found a cure? Or been officially diagnosed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.