Does this look like genital warts? (NEW POST)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I've made a new post as the photo wasn't clear before, am hoping this is better. I've had these bumps for a few months and now have an appointment to get it checked.

There is one main cluster and several other whitish bumps in other areas around the labia and further inside. Does it look like warts? They are all hard and do not hurt or itch, but the main cluster causes some discomfort with underwear just because of where it is. imageimageimage

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Would really love some help, comments or messages

• Posted

Sorry, i dont really know what it could be, it doesnt seem warts to me, but im not a doctor. I hope u find some help soon!💪🏼

• Posted

No, it doesn't look like warts. However, you should get it checked to find out what it is.

• Posted

Most other people have said that it does look like warts. Not sure what else it could be but I have an appointment later today to get it checked.

• Posted

Definitely doesn't look neither like herpes nor like warts. LEt us know once you get it physically examined.

• Posted

I have some concerns in regards to this lesion. Could it be HPV? Possibly. It also could be scar tissue, it it appears that you have had a tear down there in the past from the looks of things. While it is probably unlikely, I don't like the irregularity of the lesion and the hypopigmentation. I would like you to see your doctor and get their professional opinion.

• Posted

By way of update, I went to see the sexual health clinic on Friday, and the doctor wasn't sure if it was warts or VIN (Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia) which is abnormal cells.

I need to go back for HPV screening to be sure and possibly have a biopsy.

Someone said there looked like a possible tear from before, this is not the case. Although I've had a child, delivery was by emergency c section, and I have caught the area with a razor by accident (several times) which is how I knew it was there in the first place. There is no pain, itching, bleeding, discharge or anything so those symptoms do not tie in with the VIN.

I think the general advice here is to make sure you check yourselves regularly as you just don't know.

• Edited

imageThis part also concerns me a little, as it says that the type of HPV associated with VIN (if it is that) is nearly always passed on by having sex with someone who is infected.

Does anyone here know more about this that can advise?

I have been with the same partner for 20 years, so if that's the case it's not good, and if it is warts that's also not good.

• Posted

hey kinda going through the same thing. Been with the same guy for a while and these white bumps started to appear. Did you ever get the HPV vaccine?

• Posted

Going through similar too and have also been with partner 20 years! Never got a vaccine also think I'm too old. Did they advise you about the treatment you would have? Hope you are okay. I'd try stay off Dr Google because I've had thousands of appointments with him and feel like rubbish everytime after.

• Posted

@secret47800 sounds very similar!! All they said was that I would get a letter about a follow up appointment to test and double check what it actually is. That may involve a biopsy to investigate further but he did say it's not cancer (if it is the VIN) but will screen for HPV and which strain to be able to tell the exact diagnosis as different strains can cause different things so it will be more obvious once they know. However, if HPV is present I must have picked it up from him as I can't see any other way

• Posted

Honestly feel like I have a mutant vagina! I go to my gynaecologist on Wed been waiting since December so if I find out any info I'll let you know. Wishing you well keep us updated. X

• Posted

@secret47800 I'm sure you don't!! Please do let me know, am sure it's nothing serious. I have a follow up appointment on Monday for a consultation. Hope all is ok xx

• Posted

@secret47800 hi, sorry I haven't been in to check notifications for a few days. Went to the hospital on Monday and they've taken a biopsy. I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the results, but they still think VIN

How did yours go?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.