Does this look like herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

so may 27th i had a rash that turned right into an ulcers almost over night. they dont really

hurt, some itch from time to time. a week and a half later it multiplied. during a herpes outbreak, can you have a second wave? is that possible? pictures are from last week then new breakout. i put anti fungal, and triple antibiotic cream on it. thanks! imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Swamp!

Those don't look like a fungal infection so I'd discontinue the antifungal cream.

Are the bumps solid or fluid filled? It doesn't seem like a herpes outbreak either except for the isolated ulcers... most look like hard bumps that remind me more of molluscum contagiosum. Either way head over to your doctor so they can examine/swab them if necessary, and prescribe treatment. Don't scratch and be sure to wash your hands well after manipulating to avoid spreading and i'd just stick to soap and water to avoid irritating the area further!

• Posted

i made a visit to the walk in today. they script me another anti fungal cream, and soke antibiotics. lets see how this turns out. can you have 2 outbreaks within a week or two?

• Posted

Interesting, let us know if it works (the antifungal) . And no usually it resolves and there's a bigger gap between episodes .. with recurrences being less severe. you said this was just as bad as the first time right?

• Posted

yes, it started about 2 weeks ago. last week is doubled in amount of sores. like over night. about a week before this i had just got over the same thing.

• Posted

looks like HERPES go get test/swabbed thrush dont look like that

• Posted

thrush dont cause fluid filled bummps

• Posted

that burst over night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.